Each competition will be externally judged either in person or by post, except Three on a Theme.
- Club Summer Photo Challenge – (replaces Chairman’s Challenge) – DPI up to 3 entries, judged by the chairman (or other member of the committee) – Subject for this year Portraits (see definition below)
- Open Competition for prints and DPI – up to 3 prints and 3 dpi.
- Landscape Competition for prints and DPI – up to 3 prints and 3 dpi.
- Mono only DPI – up to 3 entries
- Open DPI (formally the Denis Glyde Cup) – up to 3 entries
- Three on a Theme – assessed in Club. Three prints on a theme mounted on a 40 x 50 cm board OR 3 DPI on a theme. Up to 3 entries allowed – that is 3 x 3 sets of DPI OR 3 print mounts.
There will no longer be a Buy a Theme competition.
- Club Winter Photo Challenge – DPI up to 3 entries, judged by the chairman (or other member of the committee) Subject for this year Everyday Objects as Art
- Print & DPI of the year – up to 3 prints and 3 DPI chosen from any of the entries made in the current year’s competitions. Dates will be published in the new programme
There will be no AV competition but members will be encouraged to use AVs as part of their presentation on Members’ Projects evenings (good for people who like to show work but not talk about it) – see Notes on Making an AV.
Entries must be prepared in a certain way so that our competition software can cope. Please see the notes here
This year’s Summer Club Photo Challenge will be Portraits (human only). Definition of a portrait – a painting, drawing, photograph, or engraving of a person, especially one depicting only the face or head and shoulders.