- General responsibilities and duties.
Under the terms of the Club’s Constitution the committee shall manage the affairs of the club.
2. Specific terms of reference.
The responsibilities of the Chairman are:
- To act as a point of contact for the club.
- To act as the spokesperson of the club.
- To call and arrange regular committee meetings.
- To chair meetings of the committee and to have the casting vote on committee decisions in the event of there being no outright majority in a vote.
- To “chair” proceedings at the club meeting evenings or delegate responsibility for doing this in the event of not being able to do so personally.
- To ensure that speakers are welcomed to the club and hosted during club meeting evenings.
- To chair the club annual general meeting (AGM) and any extraordinary general meetings (EGMs).
The responsibilities of the Vice Chair are
- To support the chairman and stand in for their duties where required.
The responsibilities of the Club Secretary are :
- To act an additional point of contact for the club.
- To ensure that all club correspondence is dealt with in an efficient, timely, effective and appropriate manner.
- To produce minutes of committee meetings.
- To, with the assistance of the Club Treasurer, maintain details of the club membership.
- To organise meetings, as necessary, to ensure the continued effective operation of the club.
- To be the main point of contact for club members concerns.
- To be the main point of contact for booked speakers and to finalise arrangements for their visit to the club, including confirmation of their attendance, at least one week before the visit.
- To ensure that a programme of the season’s events are circulated to the club membership.
The responsibilities of the Club Treasurer are:
- To manage the financial affairs of the club, keeping full and up to date accounts.
- To ensure that the accounts are regularly inspected by the Committee.
- To produce annual financial statements.
- To collect membership subscriptions and to ensure they are receipted.
- To assist the Club Secretary in maintaining details of the club membership.
The responsibilities of the Club Competition Secretary are:
- To collect and manage entries to club internal competitions, ensuring that all hard copy entries are returned to club members after the competition and that any soft copies are removed from the club computers unless permission has been given for them to be retained.
- To ensure that club members are aware of the club rules.
- To keep records of club competition results and scores, including consistency tables.
- To host judges on club competition nights, ensuring they are aware of the club’s expectations of judges and, where appropriate, the scope and bounds of the competition being judged.
- To ensure trophies are awarded to the correct recipients and are returned to the club in good time for the next season’s awards night.
External Competition Secretary
The responsibilities of the External Competition Secretary are:
- To identify appropriate external competitions for the club to enter and to make recommendations to the club committee.
- To collect and manage entries to external competitions, ensuring that all hard copy entries are returned to club members after the competition and that any soft copies are removed from the club computers unless permission has been given for them to be retained.
- To ensure that club members are made aware of the rules of the external competitions that the club enters.
Committee members who are not officers shall take responsibility for welcoming new members on Club evenings.